Jeffrey Grieco Elected to Lead Afghan-American Chamber of Commerce (AACC) at Key Moment in U.S.- Afghanistan Economic Relations
Washington, D.C…. The Afghan American Chamber of Commerce (AACC) and its Board of Directors elected Jeffrey Grieco to serve as its new President and CEO. Grieco has served more than five years as the non-profit organization’s Vice President and served previously in the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) as a U.S. Senate-confirmed Presidential appointee. Grieco brings a tremendous amount of senior government, non-governmental and private sector experience to his new position. He replaces the retiring and long-time AACC President and CEO, former U.S. Congressman Don Ritter, who served AACC in various capacities for 15 years and will remain on the AACC Board of Directors as President & CEO-Emeritus.
The Board also finalized elections for the AACC Executive Committee as follows: Chairman, Sulaiman Lutfi; President & CEO, Jeffrey Grieco; Vice President, Leslie Schweitzer; Secretary, Doug Brooks; Treasurer, Yama Azami; At-Large Member: Assad Mattin; and At-Large Member: Maj. Gen. Arnold Fields, USMC Ret..
The Afghan American Chamber of Commerce is the largest business and trade association serving both U.S. and Afghan business communities. The AACC facilitates U.S.-Afghanistan business, investment and trade ties through its Annual Business Matchmaking Conferences (BMCs) and related program activities that support the long-term, sustainable private-sector led development of Afghanistan. AACC member services include:
- Exchanging business procurement, contracting and project financing information;
- Forging business, trade and investment partnerships and access to resources;
- Identifying capacity development requirements and programming needs for members through business consultation, business-trade-investment seminars and capacity development workshops;
- Building commercial linkages between U.S. and Afghanistan companies through networking events;
- Providing relevant policy analysis, testimony and public policy inputs to help improve Afghanistan’s market-led approach to private sector development and reducing tax and corruption burdens for our members; and
- Publishing expert commercial and “doing business” content for use by AACC members that stimulates U.S.-Afghanistan trade, investment and market-led economic growth.
The AACC remains the most strategic and influential voice for Afghanistan and U.S. businesses in helping to shape Afghanistan’s market-led private sector economy. For further information please visit the AACC website at: www.a-acc.org or email the AACC at: email@example.com